Criminal Defense Lawyer With 20+ Years' Experience
I am Houston
Criminal Attorney Rosario Stornello and I have
dedicated my entire legal career to Criminal Law and to representing the people of Texas against a wide range
of criminal charges. I attended South Texas College of Law, where I received
my Juris Doctorate in 1998. During my time in law school, I served on
the Board of Advocates and the Mock Trial Team. I was a law clerk for
the distinguished criminal defense law firm of
Zimmermann & Lavine P.C. For two years I assisted on numerous types of criminal cases from trial
to appeal,many of which were very high profile.
In law school, I concentrated on learning trial skills since my goal was to be a criminal
attorney. I was included on the
Dean's Honor List and was given a number of great honors in Law School, including
many victories at several mock trial competitions.
Criminal Defense Attorney, I have been
recognized on local and legal platforms for the services offered in the area of criminal defense and the
unwavering dedication to represent those whose rights and freedom may be in jeopardy. I am a
member of many local, state, and national bar associations. My legal practice
has taken me to counties throughout the State of Texas. I have offered
services to Texans facing criminal charges in Harris County, Fort Bend
County, Galveston County, Brazoria County, Liberty County, Wharton County,
Montgomery County, Cameron County, Caldwell County and Waller County.
Just to name a few.
- State Bar of Texas 1998
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas 1998
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas 1998
Local Bar Association Memberships
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National Italian-American Bar Association – Board Member
- Houston Italian-American Bar Association - President (Justinian Society)
- Houston Bar Association
- Katy Bar Association
- National Criminal Lawyers Association
- Founder and Partner, Stornello Law Firm, P.C., Houston, Texas, 2010–Present
Founder and Partner,
Stornello Law Firm, P.C., Houston, Texas, 2006—Present
Assistant District Attorney,
Harris County District Attorney’s Office, Houston, Texas, 2000–2006
Assistant District Attorney,
Henderson County District Attorney’s Office, Athens, Texas, 1998–2000
Zimmermann & Lavine, P.C., Houston, Texas, 1996–1998
As a prosecutor in Harris County I tried many felony cases including murder cases. I was
the only prosecutor in the District Court and I was in charge of all criminal
cases from investigation to trial to appeal. I wrote legal briefs on the
appeal of several criminal cases.
- As a prosecutor in Harris County I prosecuted and tried many misdemeanor
and felony cases from traffic tickets to murder. I was the Chief prosecutor
of the Justice Court section in charge of all the JP Courts, Chief prosecutor
in numerous misdemeanor court where I supervised two other prosecutors
under me. I also was assigned to many of the felony district courts. As
a felony prosecutor, I went to trial on many felony cases and earned valuable
trial experience. My time as a prosecutor also taught me not only how
to investigate but how a criminal case should be investigated.
- As a Criminal Defense Attorney I have defended clients charged with a wide
array of criminal charges. I have gone to trial numerous times for my
clients. I am a very experienced trial attorney.
Knights of Columbus Katy Council 6950.
- Elected as the Advocate and represents the Council in all legal matters
and provide legal advice.
- Columbian Squires Joseph M. Walla Circle 2738 Katy, TX
- St. Bartholomew Catholic Church, Katy, TX
- St. Faustina Catholic Church, Katy, TX
Houstonia Top Lawyers list for 2013, 2014, 2015
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers list
for 2014, 2015
- ICCC Attorney Award 2015
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- AVVO Superb Rated Attorney 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
Juris Doctor, May 1998
- Board of Advocated Award
- Mock Trial Award
- Delta Theta Phi, President
- Who’s Who Among American Law Students
St. John Fisher College, Rochester, New York Bachelor of Arts, Political Science & History
(Pre-Law minor), May. 1995
- Dean's List with Honors
- Mock trial Championships
- Mock Trial Best Lawyer Award
- Pre-Law Association President
- Student Government President
Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges &
- Varsity Football
Rosario Stornello, La Voce Italiana, Legal Article Contributor.
Get in contact with Stornello Law Firm, P.C. to
schedule your free case evaluation!